Monday, August 27, 2007

School, errands and "go this way now"

Emma had school today so Kate and I continued the current quest...mirrors for the bathrooms. We went to local bath store and struck out, but may have found ones that could work at the Home Depot. Kate was excited for the Home Depot because that meant she could ride the tractors. She calls them tractors but they are really riding lawn mowers. I think she rode every tractor they had and believe me they had a lot of them. After riding tractors we had a little time before we had to get Emma so we decided to go get a yummy (as Kate calls them) from Starbucks. We split a lemon scone and then we were off to get Emma. Kate loves to play with Emma on the pre-school playground. And of course one of her favorite things to do is go down the slide. I swear she could do that all day. After sliding for a while I was able to entice the girls to the car with the promise of more yummies (lemon scone). When we got home the painter was busy working on the house and I have to say that it is looking really good.

In the afternoon the girls and I had fun with trains, which are the toys of choice lately in our house. Emma is really in a Thomas the train phase. When Emma wasn't playing with trains she was being ordered around by her dictator of a sister. Kate was having Emma run around the house. Luckily for Kate, Emma thought this was a fun game. It consisted mainly of Kate telling Emma to "follow me now" and "go this way now". Now is a word that is used frequently by Kate these days. I usually hear, "sit here now" when she wants me to read a book.

No comments: