While Emma was at school today Kate and I (and the Care Bear) went to run some errands. We went to Target and while I was there we ran in to a mom from the pre-school last year. Her daughter started kindergarten this year and was able to give me some helpful hints as I will soon embark on that. Registration for Emma is next month. Crazy. So anyway, while at Target Emma's new friend, her yellow Care Bear, helped us shop. He or she...I'm not sure if it is a boy or a girl (I should ask) sat right next to her in the cart. Her Care Bear also sat snuggled next to her in her car seat and Kate even shared some of her scone or as she calls it her yummies from Starbucks.
So a nice but pretty uneventful morning, well all that changed when we went to get Emma from school. As we were getting ready to leave I was holding Kate's hand on the playground and she started walking toward the slide and I started walking away from the playground and bam...Kate starts crying and saying her elbow hurts. My heart sunk and I thought, oh know she didn't just pop out her elbow. She did this when she was 11 months old and she was acting the same way. What was so crazy was that there was no big pull or tug. I dropped Emma off at Erin's house and away we went to the dr. We were able to see our pediatrician and in one quick turn her popped her elbow back in. Kate didn't crazy or make a sound. As soon as it was in she was using her arm and she was a completely different child. The dr was surprised the elbow came out because there wasn't a big pull, but he thinks that maybe she has looser ligaments. Maybe it runs in the family, this happened to Uncle Blake too. Poor Uncle Blake though, his elbow kept popping out and they eventually casted him for a couple of weeks to make sure it stayed in place. As we left the office Kate told a nurse that the dr fixed her arm. She was right. We have to be careful with her arm for the next couple of weeks because there is a chance that it could pop out again. My poor sweet little thing. She was so brave and seeing her in pain crushed me. I am so glad that she is feeling better .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment