Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Who will it be?

Today is the day that we got to find out who will be Emma's kindergarten teacher. The school posts a list of all the classes and the kids in them at the office. I tell you I was super nervous as I started looking at the list. I had my fingers crossed that she would be able to get a certain teacher. Well.....we got her. I feel so relieved. This is a wonderful teacher and I know Emma will have a terrific year. To make things even better Emma knows 3 other kids in her class. One of the kids was in her pre-K class and 2 others are friends from church and playgroup. How great is that. We also went by her classroom and said hi to her teacher. Emma is so excited and I am excited for her, but I am sad for me. I haven't started crying yet. I think I am in denial and that it is going to hit me in the days to come when I don't have that smiling face at my lunch table. I am going to miss this kid SO much. I am not ready to have her away from me for almost 6 hours a day. I am going to miss how she decorates her room and gives it "style" during her quiet time...how she changes her clothes multiple times throughout the day...OK, that is enough...now I am starting to cry.

No comments: