Thursday, August 14, 2008

First day of school

So today was the day. The day I had been dreading in my mind. The day that I would miss my 5 year old SO much. Today was Emma's 1st day of kindergarten. She was so excited. The teachers had all the parents come in the classroom and they read this very sweet book and then we all said good-bye. Emma did great. She gave me, Dave and Kate big hugs and kisses and turned around and walked back over to the reading rug. She was amazing.

The day went by faster than I thought. Before I knew it, it was time to pick up Emma. Boy did Emma look wiped. I was able to check in with her teacher and she said Emma did great and that she was very helpful to some of her friends that were a little sad. I was so proud of her.

All in all it was a great first day. Emma has an amazing teacher and 3 great kids that she knows in her class. We are looking forward to a great year.

No comments: